Sunday 30 December 2012

Clinique Redness Solutions Daily Protective Base





Primers are a step many forgo in their makeup routine. Despite this, they are an important step and can perform a number of functions depending on the primer chosen. I have several primers that I use depending on my particular needs that day, a primer wardrobe if you will. As mentioned in a previous post (here), facial redness is a particular concern that I have. To try and combat my naturally overly rosy cheeks, I have been using the Clinique Redness Solutions Daily Protective Base.

The Redness Solutions line by Clinique is designed as the name would suggest, to help with redness issues. The Daily Protective Base is designed for use on its own or under makeup. It has SPF 15, which is an added benefit as it means that you have some sun protection added in to your daily routine. 

The base is light green in colour as green-toned products are normally used to help cancel out the red tones in the skin. When talking to a friend who also is concerned with facial redness, she remarked that she tended to steer away from green concealers etc. for fear that she would be felt with a green tinge on her face. However, I have never had any such problem with this product. It blends away every easily leaving you with a nice base for makeup. In terms of covering redness, I do think it makes a difference. 

The Daily Protective Base retails for around the €19 mark (available here). I think it is definitely worth a look if you are concerned by facial redness. While it does not magically mask all facial redness, I think it definitely helps counteract my redness. 

Do you have any redness concealing products that you recommend? If so, I would love to hear about it in the comment below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment