Sunday 14 April 2013

Clarins Instant Smooth Crystal Lip Balm



Clarins have released some great collections in recent years and when I saw their Summer Collection, I knew I wouldn't come away empty-handed. Lately I have been obsessed with lip products and the Instant Smooth Crystal Lip Balms immediately caught my attention. They look slight crazy in the packaging, but are actually wearable tinted lip balms. The lipstick pigment is in the centre and is surrounded by the balm, which applies clear. Their consistency is definitely more comparable to a lip balm to a lipstick. They aren't drying on the lips either, making them a great option to have in your handbag if you want a bit of colour. I love the packaging of the lip balms. It is sleek and simple in a luxurious way. I also love the way the colour is on the bottom so you can easily tell what colour it is. 

Clarins Instant Smooth Crystal Lip Balm in Crystal Rose

There are four colours in the Summer Collection, two of which I picked up. The first one I chose is Crystal Rose. I love pink lip shades and this is a beautiful rose shade (surprising I know). I think this is a great colour choice year-round and can see myself getting a lot of wear from it. 

Clarins Instant Smooth Crystal Lip Balm in Crystal Berry

The second shade I bought was Crystal Berry. It looks kind of wacky in the bullet but the blue applies clear. I have really grown to like berry shades recently and Crystal Berry is definitely at the purple side of the berry spectrum. Bit of an odd choice for a summer collection, I think I will get more wear from this shade in the colder months, saying that summer in Ireland is normally pretty cold. 

Swatched 

These shades of the Instant Smooth Crystal Lip Balms are limited edition and retail for €21. I picked mine up from House of Fraser (link here). They are also available from Debenhams (link here and here).

Have you tried the Instant Smooth Crystal Lip Balms?

No comments:

Post a Comment