Saturday 9 March 2013

Eye Bases



I wear eyeshadow pretty much everyday, even if its just a wash of colour across the lid. Even if I don't wear eyeshadow, I will always put on an eyeshadow base. Eyeshadow bases help even out the eyelid, make eyeshadows appear more vibrant, make eyeshadow last much longer and prevent eyeshadow creasing. I already have a post (link here) on the eye primer that I use, Too Faced Shadow Insurance, so I don't dwell on it now as the main focus of the post is the eyeshadow bases I use with the primer. 


I have three eyeshadow bases which I use on a regular basis, two Benefit Creasless Cream Shadows and a MAC Paintpot. Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadows are available in a number of shades, although they appear to be mainly shimmery from what I have seen, and retail for around €16 (link here). MAC Paintpots are incredibly popular in the beauty industry. They have a number of shades available with a good mix of matte and shimmer and cost around €19 (link here). I have heard that paintpots can have a tenancy to dry out and storing them upside down can help with that. I have reaching for Painterly the most recently as it is a simple matte nude colour that suits any eyeshadow combination.

Do you have any eyeshadow base recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment